ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Bass Computers, Inc. and Tarpon Technology, Inc. are committed to offering complete solutions to our customers. Operations consist of wholesale distribution of IT & CCTV equipment, IT asset disposal solutions, refurbishment, recycling & remarketing of IT Equipment, and data destruction.
We strive to minimize waste and maximize our clients’ return on investment by focusing on high quality refurbishment and materials recovery practices. We maintain a strict no landfill policy and adhere to all EPA guidelines and state and federal regulations.
Bass Computers, Inc. and Tarpon Technology, Inc. will maintain an environmental, health & safety management system in conformance with the requirements of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. This system includes implementing appropriate programs and procedures, setting measurable goals and targets, and monitoring and auditing our progress.
Our goal is to make environment, health and safety performance a focus of our business operations.
We intend to achieve this by:
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health & safety laws, regulations, and other requirements, including the Responsible Recycling (R2) Practices, as identified in the EHSMS;
- Managing all material streams for maximum recovery under the reuse, recover and dispose hierarchy as set forth in the Responsible Recycling (R2) Practices to ensure all materials are processed with minimal environment impacts through both on-site activities and the selection of our downstream vendors;
- Managing the R2 focus materials (FMs) that pass through our facility or control in a manner protective of the environment and of workers health and safety, and public health while complying with all relevant regulations of countries importing equipment, components, or materials containing FMs;
- Preventing pollution and implementing safe technologies and operation and responding immediately to emergencies to minimize any adverse impacts;
- Identifying and reducing the risks of all types of work activities that have the potential to cause personal injury or occupational illness;
- Providing training, and supervision to improve all employees’ understanding of workplace hazards, including safe work practices and emergency procedures as well as the key environmental impacts and responsibilities of their work;
- Ensuring that everyone (including visitors and contractors) complies with appropriate standards and workplace directions to protect their own and others’ health and safety as well as our environment.
Bass Computers, Inc. and Tarpon Technology, Inc. strive to improve continually by encouraging suggestions from our employees, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.