TCEQ Adopts Changes to the Industrial Solid Waste and Municipal Hazardous Waste Rules
June 2016 – On May 25, 2016, TCEQ commissioners adopted waste rules that amend or add to 30 TAC Chapter 335.
These new rules will:
- Incorporate changes set forth in the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA);
- Establish a new exclusion from regulation as a solid waste for certain steel slag, as set forth in House Bill 2598, 84th Texas Legislature;
- Establish new requirements authorizing the use of an electronic manifest system, once developed;
- Revise the export provisions of the cathode ray tube (CRT) rule for reuse and recycling; and
- Establish new and revise existing hazardous waste recycling requirements under the definition of solid waste.
The adopted rules will be published in the June 10, 2016 issue of the Texas Register, and the effective date is June 16, 2016.
Source: Texas Comission on Enviormental Quality